The Court House in Markethill, built in 1842 to the designs of Thomas Duff, was one of the first buildings at risk to be featured in 1993. Last used as a factory, vandalism and water penetration from a leaking roof had ravaged the building prior to it being taken over by Markethill District Enterprises, a local community group.
An extensive restoration scheme was undertaken, reversing unsympathetic alterations and exploiting internal courtyards to provide additional accommodation. It has been sensitively converted into a multi–purpose hall with facilities for community groups, a restaurant and a pre–school/daycare facility.
Environment and Heritage Service; Heritage Lottery Fund; National Lottery Charities Board; International Fund for Ireland; Central Community Relations Unit; Armagh City and District Council; Armagh and District Peace and Reconciliation Partnership Board.