By Marcus Patton, 1999. Soft Back, 216pp, 107 b&w illustrations and photographs
34 in stock
One of a series of Ulster Architectural Heritage Society lists and gazetteers, this extensively enlarged and updated edition describes Bangor in detail from the Custom House of 1637 to buildings of the 1990s.
Packed with anecdotes, it covers Bangor street by street and often building by building, describing not only what is there now but also tantalisingly, what has gone. It seeks to put the buildings of the present in an historic context and explores the ways in which Bangor and its environs have developed.
Neither wallowing in nostalgia nor merely listing present day buildings, this is a lively, informative and entertaining account of the architecture and social history of Bangor, Groomsport, Crawfordsburn and their environs.
|Dimensions||15 × 1.5 × 21 cm|