The UAHS~IGS Summer School returns 7th-10th June 2017. This special event brings together students, experts and enthusiasts to explore, discuss, debate and enjoy issues relating to our shared Irish heritage. This year the event will focus on conservation and heritage led regeneration in the built environment of North West Ulster. This event is open to all. For professionals it is CPD accredited with the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland, (RIAI).
Presenting unique opportunities to visit and engage with the history and heritage of Donegal, Derry City and Strabane with award winning authors, experts and practitioners in irish architectural heritage. The programme includes talks, site visits to vernacular and civic buildings of architectural interest, demonstrations of traditional building skills and open discussions.
Ticket prices range from £60-£210, or €70-€240, with reductions offered for IGS and UAHS members. Book in Stg here or in Euro here.
7th June – Letterkenny
• Launch of ‘In Search of the Donegal Vernacular Cottage’ exhibition in Donegal County Museum.
8th June – Derry City
• A series of talks in the Guildhall exploring the historic development of Derry City and examples of contemporary heritage projects;
• Walking tours of Derry City taking in the walls, conservation success stories and future developments;
• Dinner and music in the Glassworks, Great James Street, Derry.
9th June – Donegal
• Tour of St Aengus Church, Burt
• Tour of vernacular buildings in Donegal
• Traditional building skills demonstrations
• Picnic Lunch in Fort Stewart
• Talks in Ramelton on placemaking and vernacular architecture
• Walking tour of Ramelton
• Dinner and quiz in Conway’s Bar
10th June – Strabane
• Tour of Holy Hill House
• Tour of Sion Mills Stables
• Viewing of Student Design Competition entries and presentation of awards.
• Conclusion with celebratory lunch
In addition to access to all the talks and tours, tickets cover all meals and transportation to and from venues each day.
Members and non-members are welcome to attend. Ticket prices range from £60-£210, or €70-€240, with reductions offered for IGS and UAHS members. Book in Stg here or in Euro here.
A number of free student scholarship places are available for those studying architecture, planning, history, archaeology and other subjects relating to heritage or conservationand can be applied for here. Click Here
For more information, please contact UAHS on:
Tel: +44 (0) 2890 550 213 Email: [email protected]
Back to News