Terms and Conditions
Heritage Angel Awards Northern Ireland (Competition)
The Heritage Angel Awards Northern Ireland are administered by Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH)
- This Competition is open to all UK residents. Entrants under the age of 16 must have permission from their parent or guardian.
- Only one entry is permitted per person/group and all entries must be completed on the Competition Application Form.
- The Competition is free to enter.
- There are five Heritage Angel Awards available as prizes, one for each of the following categories:
- Best Rescue of an Historic Building or Place for projects under £2m
- Best Major Regeneration of an Historic Building or Place for projects in excess of £2m
- Best Contribution to a Heritage Project by Young People
- Best Craftsperson or Apprentice on a Heritage Rescue or Repair Project
- Best Heritage Research, Interpretation or Recording
- There are no cash or alternative prizes available and the prizes are not transferable. Prizes are in the form of a framed certificate and any resulting publicity. The Judges’ decision is final and no communication will be entered into as to how the Judges’ decision is reached.
- Fifteen shortlisted entries will be judged by a selected panel. The shortlisted entries will be put forward for a public vote.
- Copyright in all entries remains with respective entrants. However, in consideration of UAH administering the Competition, each entrant agrees:
- grant UAH and media partner(s) a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual licence to use, copy, distribute, publish, republish, store, archive, syndicate, sub-license, transmit, adapt, edit, create derivative works from, perform, exercise publicity and copyright rights in relation to the entry materials in any manner and in any format and/or media;
- to waive any moral rights in the material submitted; and
- that UAH may disclose your identity to any third party making any claim, enquiry or assertion of any kind in relation to your material.
- In submitting your entry to UAH, you warrant that any entry material you submit:
- is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights;
- is not obscene, untrue, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code; and
- that you shall indemnify UAH and keep UAH fully indemnified against any third party liability, claims, costs, loss or damage UAH incur as a result of publishing or dealing with material you submit to UAH, including consequential losses.
- The entrants may be required to participate in publicity arising from the Competition and by entering the Competition you agree and provide consent to take part in such publicity. Please note that, if you are:
- an entrant or group participant under 12 years old, a parent or legal guardian must explicitly consent in writing on your behalf to publication of your personal information and must agree to accompany you to any publicity events; or
- an entrant or group participant between 12 and 16 years old, you are agreeing to participate in such publicity and publication of your personal information in the event that you are shortlisted for a prize. If you are in any doubt as to the implications of providing such consent please ask a parent or legal guardian to explain and ensure that they consent to your entry to the Competition on the basis of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Northern Ireland law and the Northern Ireland Courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute which may arise.
- Entry in the Competition signifies acceptance of these rules. UAH reserves the right to withhold, change or cancel any prize in the event of non-compliance with these rules. UAH also reserves the right at its discretion to amend the Competition rules at any time.
- Any entry which is illegible or unintelligible may be disqualified at the sole discretion of UAH.
- UAH is not responsible for entries that are damaged, delayed, or lost in transit. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery.
Dated 2 April 2019