Thought to be built in 1833, these acquired by Hearth Housing Association in 1987 and restored for social housing purposes. The original Almshouses were tiny, and the renovation of the property involved combining three units into one. The building was reslated, chimneys rebuilt, and old cast–iron lattice windows restored. Many of the old internal sheeted doors were re–used, although the houses are otherwise modern inside. This unassuming group of buildings add much character and delight to their surrounding rural context.
Housing Association Grant